View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Thanks Glenn! Any suggestions on how to "thicken" the tone? I'm not a "eq" expert - any advice would be really helpful.
Hi Barry,

This thread from KevWind from the RECORD section of the forum refers to an EQ device that might be good for thickening up the recorded sound. I was highly tempted to buy into this plug-in but I never made the move.

There are EQ devices that let you move a cursor around to change the frequency of a recording and either add or cut that frequency so that you can hear, on the fly, how it affects your recording. I have some of those tools in my pile of plug-ins but I don't know what the program is called. But I did think that the EQ device that Kevin was recommending was pretty cool.

He was recommending it for vocals, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for a guitar recording.

If you have EQ devices in your recording setup, you could just experiment to see how adding or subtracting various frequencies might change the sound of your recording. You could just save your recording as a new file so that even if you mess up and save something that affects your recording it won't affect your original.

You could just pick a frequency, let's say 160 hz and boost that an additional 3 db and see how that sounds. Or, boost it 6 db and see how that sounds. Or, try 200 hz, etc. Sometimes just messing around can teach us a whole lot.

Best of luck with this, Barry. I think you are doing great.

- Glenn