Thread: Commitment
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 11:09 AM
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Do you have to heat the binding before clamping? Just curious. I'm looking forward to hearing your recording.

I was never a fan of ivoroid binding or whatever they call that plastic junk.
I did use my heat gun briefly to warm it up and make it a bit more pliable before I clamped it. I basically did heat, test fit with my thumb, heat, apply glue, press in with thumb to get an initial set, wipe off squeeze out, tape, heat, clamp, then heat. That seemed to work okay.

But again, I've heard too many stories about repairs that just pop off again, so I kind of expect that to happen here. Just don't know if it will be days, weeks, months, or years.

I posted the song yesterday so it's down there somewhere in the forum... I'm not really a perfectionist on anything, so it's just what I figured out yesterday with maybe half an hour of practice it before I hit the record button. I don't play enough these days to stay proficient on anything except the songs I've known for decades. Most of those I can play in my sleep... new stuff takes work, and I'm just too darn lazy these days.