View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
They won't...
Indeed they don't. I've come to conclude that it isn't necessarily worth it to pay premium for a brand name or fancy promises because some of the more expensive bulbs I've been buying didn't last longer than an average incandescent bulb (though possibly a lot longer in terms of hours because you do tend to keep them on longer).

Finding the right colour temperature can be a real PITA though: the optimum should be somewhere between 3200 and 3500K (close to halogen temperature) but those are unobtainium or else don't actually give that light. 3000 and below is too yellow unless you find really powerful ones that are also difficult to find here in smaller form factor.

BTW: 100w for a bedside lamp seems mighty much unless you want it to keep you wide awake... and I'd find the light much too strong for reading if falling directly on the page...

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)