View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 09:48 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Wow, that is such cool work that way you made the vine weave through the rosette and the carving is out of this world.

I have me fingers crossed that this is a spec guitar heading to B.I.G. V!!!!
Thanks Tom! This particular guitar is sold BUT if time permits I may try to do another one for the B.I.G. show. I would like to mention that I am bringing one of my new multiscale offset soundhole models to B.I.G. It is called the "Millennium" model. I will be starting another thread soon to cover the B.I.G. builds. I'm excited indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
really pretty work Tony. I do have a question. How will the carved back strip impact the finish. Will you attempt to fill the cavities with transparent filler of some kind like perhaps epoxy and then have a flat surface or will the finish follow the contours of the carving?
Hi John, The carved back strip is a pain in my lower bout! Seriously though...the plan is to have one coat of finish on the center strip so the detail does not get lost. A seamless execution of this process will be quite the challenge but absolutely necessary...wish me luck!
BTW...I am just over the mountain from you in Erwin...it'd be good to see ya!

www.vinesguitars.com

Last edited by TomB'sox; 01-27-2024 at 10:39 AM. Reason: additional info