View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 05:38 AM
AGF Sponsor

Arrow Oska Burman Guitars - MDC - Adirondack/Antique Mahogany

Good morning/evening all, which ever time zone you may be reading this in. Hope everyone is well!

Next up on my bench is an MDC model made from Adirondack & Antique Mahogany. My client is a huge flatpicker, fingerpicker and blue-grasser as well as a Doc Watson fan. So we're going for something of a modern take on Doc's guitar, sporting an arm bevel. Doc actually used to retrofit an arm rest to his cutaway dread, so it's not far from this actually! This one will have laminated sides of Mahogany & Cherry.

He's also an avid Mando player as well, so is very fond of the old Flamed Maple, so we'll be including this in his build.

Hope you enjoy following along and please feel free to chime in with any comments!

Cheers,

Oska.

Joining the Hog back using the old Spanish rope & wedges method

Lovely piece of Hog actually. There's even a bit of ripple in this piece when it catches the light

Radial wood rosette with a bit of a twist. The flames form the radial element in this one

Sunshine through the shop window always does the wood some good

First step of rosette inlaying

Then I install the purfling lines

Still not finished here, as the soundhole edge will be bound in ebony. This will be done at a later stage.

Vacuum pressing the laminated sides over a former

Gluing on the bottom block

Next is gluing on the top block
Facebook
Instagram

Last edited by Oska Burman; 01-27-2024 at 10:45 AM.