View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
People will install this pickup but it will be a very small group. You have to remember that the majority of acoustic musicians don’t care that much about pickups and most don’t even know what a Cole Clark guitar is or what’s so special about the pickup system. Most musicians see the major brands like Fishman, K&K and Lr Baggs and choose one of those. Even the major profile artists often use these systems because they are readily available and well known. On top of that, not many musicians will want to rip a hole in the side of their guitar. Some will for sure but the market will be very small. Also, if it’s a nice guitar, you basically ruin the chance of ever selling it as an invasive aftermarket install will turn most musicians off. It’s the nature of selling used gear.
You're exactly right Petty. Most can't even do a simple Sonitone install or even care enough to swap out the pickup in their gigging guitar for something better. I can't tell you how many times I've asked fellow performers about their gear and they don't even know what pickups are in their guitars. You are also correct about killing your resale value. I have offered many guitars with upgraded better pickups and they usually say they aren't interested and ask me to put the original system back into the guitar.