View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pen View Post
On that note, does anyone have insight as to the reason James added phantom powered dual source stereo mic support to the pedal, as it kinda seems redundant? I'm not complaining, just curious. Does he have sights set on competing with other high end dual source preamp pedals?
I’m pretty sure that James has a number of software updates in mind for the years ahead which will add some very nice capabilities and new functionality to the TD2 (it’s internal processing power is very good), and the need for the unit to be able to supply phantom power will be much more obvious then. For now, it simply allows people to use mics that require it for training purposes. I’m still playing with things, but I’m really liking my inexpensive Behringer ECM8000 reference mic the most, but look forward to listening to some samples using a high-end mic to hear what difference there might be - I don’t think it would add anything for playing live, but for recording, it could be very interesting -