View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayen View Post
I'm thinking about buying a 2200 or 3300 straight stand (without the main boom, making it slightly more affordable).

I don't have another mic stand, but as some have said, it's probably wise not to skimp on a stand. I like the design of the Latch Lake bases, along with their overall construction quality and stability.

I'm thinking about also buying an XtraBoom to hold a mic at guitar level, and I would put a vocal mic on top of the main stand, or on another XtraBoom if the main stand proved to be too tall.

Do you think that not having a main boom would be a hindrance for simple guitar\vocal work? I could always buy one later.
A Hinderance no---- but convenience wise depends on if you are talking about sitting when recording ?

If sitting ?
Then first off no need for 3300 stand as the it is the same base weight as the 2200
and only thing the 3300 has over the 2200 is an extra straight extension to get even higher

Also if sitting,, then the lowest the 2200 goes is 49 inches so unless you are on a higher stool of some kind , with a regular chair hight you will need another XTra Boom to get the vocal mic down to mouth level--- Plus sitting or standing you would likely want to do that (two booms) anyway ,, because it will give you option to move both the guitar and vocal mic positions in and out horizontally for optimum balance

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 12-02-2023 at 01:19 PM.