View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan33 View Post
Thanks for the comments, everyone! Perhaps a good example of “form follows function” and it may grow on the rest of us over time. Meanwhile, RainSong is another option, if you don’t mind shark fret markers.
The shark fret markers were my favorite thing about the RS Shorty I had. They were nowhere as cool as the sleek, modern, upturned soundhole in my Emeralds, though.

When you see the evolution of Emerald, it is clear how Alistair has grown as a guitar designer. Everything on the guitar just make sense, from the use, to the comfort, to the sound. Things you might think are minor, like the headstock design to allow for straight runs of the strings from the nut to the tuning pegs. Or those marvelous bevels all over the guitar, from the way it sits on your leg to how your hand feels in the cutaway. And that soundhole: it has a beautiful design and flow - it doesn't just allow the player to hear the guitar better, it is also built up for more strength; and the lines/design of it look like it would be right at home on an Italian sports car.

I have a couple nice Taylor acoustic guitars. They do a beautiful job with the finish and details. They sound great. But they look old fashioned to me compared to the Emeralds.