Thread: Klos
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 07:38 PM
Charter Member

Well, in the never ending battle for truth and justice, I decided to try a Klos full sized dread. I can order one from Amazon, and it's free returns (again) if I don't like it. (Like I did with the Joytar ). My rationale at the moment is if it sounds good enough, I can work with that. The scale length is good. The fretboard radius is good. And, because it's a bolt on (removable) neck, I could even have a luthier friend make a new neck for it to my specs, if I have issues with the shape. I did that on my Eastman E1SS and it worked out great.

So I ordered one. It should come on Friday. And we'll see how that tickles my fancy or not.

Problem with carbon fiber instruments and the modern world, is you can't walk into a shop and try one out. The middle-man retail stores are being cut out of the equation. I suppose that lowers the price, maybe. But it means you actually have to plunk down an "order" before you ever get to try something out.

As luck would have it, I'm going to the Fretboard Summit at OTSFM in Chicago on Saturday. I fully expect to run into my luthier friend, Bruce Roper there. He doesn't exhibit with the expensive custom luthier booths. But he does the repairwork for OTSFM Store, and he usually hangs out there with a couple of his guitars for sale. He's the guy who did the work on the Eastman.

Last edited by Marshall; 08-23-2023 at 01:52 PM.