View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 11:23 AM

good post Frank!

For me.. Speed wise, I've not lost much yet, I'm lucky in that regard, my hands are in pretty good shape aside from some Carpal issues that creep up now and then. most of that is present when I first wake up in morning

Which has been the case since I was a much younger man

So in that area I don't feel like that's changed much either. I know it will probably catch up with me some day.

I for sure use less gain/distortion than I did back 25/30 years ago, and I would like to think my playing (during improvisation) is a little more ?poised? as I've matured. Maybe it's a "say" more, with less notes" thing.

If that makes any sense. I can still burn it when I want, but it's kind of more about finding the right place for it now. When I listen to some old recordings from the band days and I ask myself, "dood.. what were ya thinking?"

Overall I feel more in command of the entire shabang, Chord voicings, applying theory without letting it run my life.. all that kinda stuff.

Most of all, I'm just happy I'm still able to play as much as I do. Which is everyday 99% of the time. And I still have bands I'm involved in and people to play with.

I'll be 66 in like a week and a half

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)

Last edited by rmp; 03-25-2023 at 07:18 AM.