View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh View Post
Hi Simon,

Wondering what the weight is of your guitar? For me, lighter is better as I find my Sable to be quite heavy and so I don't pick it up quite as often
Whilst not being a high priority, weight has been something that i have been keeping a tentative eye on and recording.

The weights have varied as I've honed in on what give greatest overall performance. My lightest playable prototype (the yellow satin finished one) was really a challenge to see how light I could go! It weighs just under 1.3kg (2.86lb). This was however without a truss rod and with no electronics installed. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I found the truss rod to be worth the weight penalty.

My final production ready design is weighing in at around 1.7kg (3.5lb) (without electronics/battery). This may vary a little as I finalise some materials.

Interestingly, I have a moulded guitar here that weighs 660g (1.45lb), unfinished of course; but id be interesting in adding some nylon strings to it for some fun :P It kind of plays with your head how light it is!