View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 01:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

The second guitar that I'd like to show you is the newest model to my lineup. I brought my very first "Venus" to last year's B.I.G., and Dennis...(aka CigarFan)
snatched her up within the first 30 minutes of the show...so I decided to bring another one this year.
The "Venus" is a 12-fret 00-sized guitar, and this particular one sports an Alaskan Sitka soundboard with a subtle, yet obvious quilt-pattern in the figure. The back & sides are made from a beautifully-flamed set of Tropical Mango
which contains a fantastically-brilliant chatoyance, as well as a little bit of spalt in the figure. This particular guitar is one of my most favorite guitars to date. It's hard to explain, but her smaller stature belies her strong voice.
She has the fundamental-woodiness found in a Mahogany guitar, yet there is a rich texture to her voice that, in some ways sounds like Koa...but not exactly. I'd love to get feedback and comparisons from those of you attending the show.
It's so comfortable and easy to play...This is truly going to be a difficult one for me to let go of!!!

I used the leftover Mango from the back plates to fabricate "tiles" which I used to create the inner rosette ring...then I framed the Mango ring with Paua Abalone. Just as you saw in the previous guitar, I've used Ebony
for the bridge, fingerboard and bindings...as well as the front and rear headplates. Highly-flamed maple was used, in conjuncton with aqua-colored veneer lines, for the purflings...and was also used to bind the soundport and soundhole.