View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 10:58 AM

I was 22. Started with my sister's student nylon string that had been lying around our house since I was in 6th grade. The fact that I ever kept playing is actually pretty surprising (considering the shattered remnants of the many other hobbies I've taken up and left by the wayside).

Now, 13 years later, I'd say I'm good enough that the general public thinks I can play, but most musicians can see that I can't. I've only taken a lesson once and ran screaming from the guy who wanted to teach me how to play Hendrix licks when I just wanted to learn to play my acoustic a little better.

Of course, no matter how much I improve, I'll never think I'm good enough. That's just my nature. Of course, after all these years, I've finally given up on my electric pipe dream. No matter how much I improve, I'll never be an electric guitar player and I find that as I get older, I'm more and more at peace with that.

That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. -- Theodore F. MacManus

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell -- Christopher Walken