View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erethon View Post
Hello ladies and gents! Another newbie with another question here. I was hoping I could be informed as to what the differences are between dreadnoughts and grand auditoriums. More specifically, how do they typically differ tone wise, playability, etc.? Is one usually meant for one type of playing and the other another? Thank you!
Given the fact that Grand Auditorium is from Taylor ballpark, I'll assume that you're talking about something similar, Taylor or not.

I've owned both GA's and dreadnoughts (curiously, the only Martin I've owned was not a dreadnought). Dreadnoughts are built for power, GAs are built for versatility. Of course, any good guitar can do whatever you want it to do; but a dreadnought is at its best with people who want power and more bass, basically strummers and flatpickers. Grand Auditorium guitars are the perfect type of guitar for people who do different stuff, not just ONE style. For me, as a musician at church, they're the best guitar for church music, which covers many styles and variations of them.
-2020 Gibson Les Paul Special
-2019 Gibson Les Paul Studio
-2021 Fender Aerodyne Special Telecaster
-2022 Fender Telecaster 50s (Vintera)
-1994 Fender Telecaster Deluxe 70 (Vintera)
-Sire V5 5-string