View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 11:56 AM

I went back and forth between several guitars when I was sitting around in a certain shop in Ireland in 2018. I think the take away between the X7, X20 and X30 are how filled up with sound I felt. The X7V3 is nice for plugging in or playing when there's not much environmental noise. The X20 is louder and vibrates my insides more. The X30 is the choice of the three in my opinion if you want to really feel the vibrations through your body from your waist to your chest.

However, I was in a position where I could only choose one. I already have an X20. The X30 is the clear choice between the two from the player's perspective, but it's not all that much more than the X20. Or at least not enough more to get me to sell my X20 and take in an X30. In that light I went for something completely different and got a Kestrel. It cuts through everything with its mid-range. It's probably not what you want though.

My goal is to get to the one guitar that's perfect for me. I had two guitars when I started this goal and after much deliberation and agonizing I'm now closer to my goal with almost a dozen guitars and still swimming.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?