View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 07:47 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Bob: I guess I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to imply that the Strat would be one's only electric guitar, but that a Strat would be among the electrics that somebody like you who plays a lot of electric guitar would consider an important arrow in his quiver...
Absolutely important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
and yea, I do the same, drag multiple guitars to a recording session. Usually I'm still one short..
Probably always will be... with any luck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Personally I would like to own a 3 single coil guitar, but it is just as likely to be some other 3 SC as it is a Strat. Currently for me a G&L Comanche is as strong candidate as a Fender American Strato Ultimate
Mine is a 1999 G&L S-500. Studio-ready tones right out of the box. It did need a good set-up to really come alive.
I've also got a super Strat, but I sometimes long for that alder/maple sound. I traded one of those and miss it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I resent this sir. I'm a "made guy" in the Stratocaster Mafia, have spend time as a Don and consigliere. And I says "it depends on what you like"...

I'm a strat guy. I don't really need anything else for what I play with an electric guitar. Every other electric guitar I've owned I was able to happily live without after I offloaded it (although I can't seem to fully let go of the perverted desire to have SOMETHING with P90s in it for those rare moments when a change of pace seems warranted). But I always have to have a strat. During the very few short times I didn't have one, I was more or less in physical withdrawal. It was hell...

So I'm back to my lowly Robert Cray Hardtail strat, which has been my #1 for nearly the whole time since I started playing a lot again about three years ago. I've tried a number of fancier more expensive strat-like objects, but they've all fallen by the wayside and the Cray Hardtail stands tall.

Play what you like. Life's too dang short not to, and it seems as though it's getting shorter every day... If you like strats, play 'em. If you don't, then don't. -Ray
You seem like a really reasonable guy. I don't think I would refer to you as a member of the "Mafia." Those are the ones who argue the superiority of those Fenders and the lack of need for any other instrument in the galaxy. It's one thing to be an aficionado like you and another thing entirely to be a hard-core fanboy convinced of the exclusivity and purity of his ax of choice. I think I'd like a Cray hard tail. I love to grab the wiggle bar and wobble chords on the straight stretches but nothing beats a hard tail in the bends.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)