View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 09:46 AM
AGF Sponsor

Here are the final shots for this guitar!

I'm REALLY happy with how this one turned out. It definitely has the biggest bass of any guitar I've made but doesn't seem to sacrifice anything in the mids and highs. I've been enjoying bringing it to the shows and especially having other builders sit down to give it a try. Pretty much without fail everyone has a little jump and "whoa!" when they strum the first open E chord and feel/hear the bass. It's been my experience that there's no real merit to the stereotypical "maple sound" and this one is no exception. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with how I like to build especially since this one is fully laminated, back as well. I haven't laminated all that many backs but more and more I'm realizing that there's some incredible power in being able to really fine tune the weight of the back regardless of the species of wood and I think this is also emphasized when building with the thick structured sides.

Like the first guitar in this thread this was built for my shows this year and will be up for grabs in a couple of weeks! Most likely I'll ship them out to dealers but I'll keep them around for a few weeks after so feel free to PM me with any questions or if you're interested in either!
instagram

Last edited by IndianHillMike; 10-13-2019 at 09:52 AM.