View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 04:19 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsone View Post
That's not an easy choice!

It's like when you want some chocolate and your choices are a bar of chocolate and a slightly shinier bar of chocolate.
I went for the bearclaw.

David
Thanks for voting. I have exactly the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
While the koa set has some very nice flame it does not have the wild figure that one might find in a set of cocobolo for example. So my vote is for bearclaw to get a bit of extra figure in the topwood. But either way, it'll look good!
The top that will not go on this guitar will probably go an a cocobolo OM later this year which makes the decision even harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffStGermaine View Post
It's tough to make the argument as to why, but my preference would be the straight grained Spruce.

What will the binding be?
The binding will be Rocklite ebano as will the fretboard and bridge. And we will have a segmented backstrip. I will release some more features soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
I'm with Geoff. Can't explain exactly why but I would go with the straight grain. Maybe just personal preference. And you are right … that Koa is spectacular.
Thank you Dennis! And the sides are equally figured. I currently try to get some matching headstock veneers but it appears to be more difficult than expected as this tree was imported to Germany in the mid 90s.