View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I quite like the sound I am getting with the HFN/Spectrum di set up. I think the big thing with any SBT is that there's always this want to experiment with placement, especially the HFN which really doesn't give any type of jig to use. I am going to try pairing the spectrum with my session align pedal. Right now the HFN sounds great with a bit of imaging but a bit more warmth and body would help and I am hopeful that the session will provide that.

At the end of the day though, after trying numerous pickups; Anthem SL, Lyric, K&K (in another guitar), Amulet M & Fishman Matrix w/spectrum, I have come to the conclusion that the HFN is up there with the best. Other than maybe the Lyric, it's the easiest pickup to install and experiment with and it just provides a well rounded tone. The only negative that I fear is feedback. I can see it becoming my pickup of choice.
Please let us know how the HFN/Session combo works out for you.

With respect to the "a bit of imaging" reference, I presume you're referring to ToneDexter? What blend are you favoring for the HFN/ToneDexter combo?