View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I quite like the sound I am getting with the HFN/Spectrum di set up. I think the big thing with any SBT is that there's always this want to experiment with placement, especially the HFN which really doesn't give any type of jig to use. I am going to try pairing the spectrum with my session align pedal. Right now the HFN sounds great with a bit of imaging but a bit more warmth and body would help and I am hopeful that the session will provide that.

At the end of the day though, after trying numerous pickups; Anthem SL, Lyric, K&K (in another guitar), Amulet M & Fishman Matrix w/spectrum, I have come to the conclusion that the HFN is up there with the best. Other than maybe the Lyric, it's the easiest pickup to install and experiment with and it just provides a well rounded tone. The only negative that I fear is feedback. I can see it becoming my pickup of choice.
Thanks Petty1818 for sharing your experience with the HFN Shatten pickup. Right now I'm thinking about changing a LR Baggs Element PU with... something more natural sounding.
For simplicity reasons I'll go for either a K&K or a passive Shatten pickup. I've had the pure mini in two guitars, one was attached with the double-sided tape and the other with superglue. I haven't tried putty.
What I noticed is that the one with superglue sounds less-natural, harsh but is completely feedback free, even at louder volumes.
On the other hand, the one which I used tape sounded better but it was very tricky to use it live.