View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
What I am wondering Doug, is if the 641 Hyper pattern also helps against phase issues?
I barely worry about phase "issues". When using spaced pairs, phase differences are what creates the stereo sound, so it's a feature, not a bug. It's only an issue if you sum to mono, and I'm not interested in doing that. I do sometimes check by pushing the mono button, and also spot check correlation meters, just to make sure things aren't too far out of whack, but in general, if you have the mics spaced fairly equal distance from the guitar and the levels are balanced, phase just doesn't become a problem. If I do anticipate wanting to mix to mono, or if I think a track might be played back mono (no idea where that would happen these days...) I use Mid-Side, which guarantees I'll be OK if collapsed to mono.

Quote:
Maybe sometime early 2019 after NAMM, I could come up and act as Microphone mover for you...
By the Way...will you be going to NAMM...would love to meet up.
Always glad to have a visitor. At this point, I don't expect to go to NAMM - it's often fun, and there's more acoustic-related than there used to be, but it's too much of a cacophony for my taste.