View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 04:19 PM

jjr- Depends on how bonded you are to it.. I have considered the same thing, but all my guitars now have a somewhat deep connection; it's tempting sometimes to think that one of them could jumpstart the funds to a new purchase, but of the 3 I own now, I just couldn't get on without any 1 of them. so I'm saving from scratch again :/ which by my estimation means that the time it will take me to save up for the next guitar I'd like to acquire will be just about.... FOREVER. but, I love my guitars and I am blessed to be their caretaker, so that's ok. I will not be lacking while I revert into saving mode.

ahorsewithnoname- you should definitely get a Gibson. I put it off for a long time and when I finally did I was quite simply and utterly blown away by both of them. i do like your martin alot, the one you posted recently w/ the armrest, but I think you would do well to add a Gibson into the mix as well!!!!

that's what I figured, sitka over mahogany. thanks- I had heard of the AJ but was never familiar with it. this one has really opened my eyes!! I also considered a rosewood J45. And it's good to hear you say that there was definitely enough merit to have the smaller one, because that's exactly what I'm worried about having 2 so similar. Totally agree re: Taylor dreads. Never played the DN8 but I've heard many people sing their praises. great thread!
Fishman | Loudbox Mini | Primetone 1.0mm

"what is the universe? the universe is a symphony of vibrating strings.." -michio kaku