View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Exactly.
And behave in a way that makes it easy for the other party to be nice to you.

The only guitars that I've bought somewhat recently are second hand electrics. For different reasons, I didn't haggle. The first one was a very special partscaster that the original owner sold at a price that was absolutely going to sell it immediately. The second was a pretty unique Strat - with a spec that I really wanted - sold online at a reputable shop a little far from me.
When it's a good price, it's a good price - when it is, I've paid it straight up. I've also made offers on guitars that got turned down, and I got a great deal on a Taylor 812ce-N on an offer less than asking price. It all varies.

Then again, I've seen people try to haggle the price down, no matter how low it starts - sometimes they're professional Craigslist flippers, sometimes, they're just professional hagglers.

I'd always price something at the price I thought was fair, and a decent deal for the buyer, because I wanted to move it, but I never got desperate about it. My response to the people who'd repeatedly low-ball?

"I'm donating it.....just so you can't have it."
Taylor 356ce
Taylor 514ce
Taylor Baby-M
Eastman E40-OM

Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster
Fender Baja Telecaster
Fender MIJ Telecaster Custom
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute Bluesboy Semi-Hollow
Rickenbacker 620/12
Gretsch 6120
Godin Multiac Nylon Duet Ambience