View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 04:19 PM

Fifteen years ago I sold my house and moved into a spare bedroom with my sister so I was not pressured into buying a house. I knew I would regret getting rid of a lot of stuff, it is hard for me to throw something out. As Mary says, you look at something and then figure out a use for it or see it having potential some time down the road. When I grew up we lived in the city but my parents had some property that we farmed on the weekend and like any farmer if something broke you fixed it. At 14 my brother and I could swap out an engine in a VW in half an hour.

It wasn't till my lat teens that I realized everybody and their kids fixed or built their own stuff. I never work on wood all that much other than make RC airplanes. Mind you their construction has some similarities to building guitars. Tooling and jigs will be something I want to work on yet but I do like building with a rough idea and winging it. Should be interesting what I will be making in a couple of years when I get my shop set up and get more experienced at finishing. Speaking of, the guitar is getting a few coats of wipe on poly, the compressor is out in the garage and things are somewhat frozen out there.