Thread: mic test...
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 09:18 AM

Well what the blankets are doing is cutting down on the amount of noise going to my neighbors house so I can still work in my studio late at night. They are only in my studio control room. Without the blankets, the noise just reverberates out of my house to the neighborhood. I have to keep the volume down and use headphones while mixing at night. It's not unusual for me to practice and record at 3-4:00 in the morning. Overall the music out of my monitors sounds better with the blankets. Another use of the blankets is that it covers up a very messy closet with all kinds of outdated stuff in it that looks horrible. The blankets really clean up the look of my studio room. I've got so much stuff crammed into my studio that putting up Auralex is not an option.

While recording I simply set up my mics in the living room, where there is no room treatment at all, just a plain living room with mics and amps in it.

Edit: I just did a test with some loud music playing in the studio, I went outside and on the side of the house where there is no blankets, yes you can hear some noise outside, on the side of the house where the moving blankets are, you hear nothing. My neighbor also commented that she hears no noise at all. So the blankets are definitely working.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M

Last edited by Yamaha Man; 07-27-2016 at 09:48 AM.