View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Milburn View Post
Well done!!! Glad you were able to see it through to successful completion!!
Ned, thanks for helping so much in the beginning! Recently someone said "I love your guitars" so I tracked down clips of your Evo-Ff or some thing and that is a nice design and really clear sounding! Glad someone with your skill is willing to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageparlors View Post
Here, here!

They get easier each time

BTW...I see an old friend leaning against the bookcase in the background.
Thanks Steve! I didn't tell you but I shaved just a bit of wood off back and top braces to tune the autry top/back to C/D and it sounds great. I play it waaaayyyyy more than the Santa Cruz. Love the gigantic neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Knox View Post
Were you able to hear it "open up" in the first few minutes of playing? Some of mine have changed pretty dramatically in the first hour or so, others not so much.
Thanks for the help Rodger. I did hear it do a lot of tonal changes over the last 24 hrs. I seated saddle better AND put mediums on, which seems to be activating the top a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
I love the look of it, going to have to do a burst one of these days.
Yes printer! Just sucks with sand throughs! But the water based aniline dyes work awesome. They look pretty drab without finish but it does well once finished.

All in all. What a process! I don't think anything has sparked such a great spectrum of emotion. And it's not over. I have to figure out how to get this stripped truss rod moving. I'm gonna try to relieve tension in neck and then try a tapered allen head (diy stewmac wrench).