View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakedi View Post
I'm not sure what you meant by 'sweaten up' ... I assume you either mean make your guitar sound better but still like your guitar or add some other texture to the sound (more like an effect)

If it is make your guitar sound better then I would say that you are looking at some sort of good EQ pedal ... parametric being the most powerful. With EQ you can get rid of any bad sounding frequencies (like boxiness, harshness etc) or enhance some frequencies to make the sound warmer, bassier (not the same), more airy etc.

If this is not what you are looking to do then really the sky is the limit and it really depends on a more precise definition of sweater.

One thing I like with guitars is subtle use of delay ... it can thicken up the sound and can make the guitar really swing. You need a delay with an easy to use tap function so you can set the delay time to the music tempo and adjust while playing.

The Spectrum you mentioned is really a totally different kettle of fish. You are adding some fake mic sound to the mix. Similar to this is the D-Tar Mama Bear. This is a really fun box :-) ... look at the vids here: http://www.d-tar.com/mama_bear_videos.shtml
Can you make a suggestion on something that does this? I like to try and pull them up on YouTube to get an idea if that's what I'm looking to achieve.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'09 Craig Anderson/Burlington Guitars B-2 Custom
'01 Martin DX-1
'00 Fender Stratocaster (Midnight Blue)

facebook.com/whitneyborisenok