View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:13 AM

Thank you everyone for being gracious. I can only reveal so much until the patent issues. Then there will always have to be trade secrets about the precise dimensions and the preferred torque balance for given situations/results. An issued patent can sometimes be the instruction manual on how to steal the design unfortunately.

Having just finished NAMM I can tell you IP was a hot topic. Anyone who licenses it would get full disclosure and help with implementation to achieve that luthiers objectives, but until then you have to prepare for the propensity for deviance the world has exhibited thus far.

In my experiences Mike makes good points. Videos can only do so much but players and luthiers end up getting the concept, why it works, and then when they play the guitar they hear and feel what they would expect based on the physics of it.

It doesn't make it right for everyone, I have no delusions of grandeur, but I wouldn't start a company if I didn't think it had value to musicians and the advancement of the art. I think the phrase is "I may be dumb but I'm not crazy" but I fear its the other way around sometimes.