View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeastman View Post
Is the inside of the back finished?

I'll love to hear your thoughts on the wedge when it is completed. I think I'm putting on on my upcoming and am very excited about the fact that it will make my fingerstyle playing while standing a bit easier.
Yes the back is indeed finished with a hand-rubbed coat of shellac.

As far as the Manzer wedge goes, well, it's a wonderful thing! I've played all sorts of guitars with the feature built in, including some of linda's own builds, and each one has been a joy to hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Ramsey View Post
Just wondering, what is the purpose for the extra ebony brace strips across the back ?
The ebony strips (they're not really braces as they're only 20 thousands of an inch thick) are simply there to re-inforce and stabilise the back. A lot of the Somogyi build methodology is centred around solving common problems before they happen! This approach has no adverse effect on the way the "air-pump" works.

Just spoke to Jason, the top is joined and he's working on the rosette, it'll be a variation on his "stained glass" design

With a little something extra. I've given Jason carte blanche as far as the design goes, I have no doubt it will be gorgeous...
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.