View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 09:04 PM

Default Help! Hole cover needed Custom pre amp (faders in custom wood panel wanted)

I've seen a custom guitar that had the eq sliders and controls mounted right to the guitar side, or on a wood panel to match the guitar side. I can't for the life of me find anything except plastic assemblies. I can't imagine those would fit the exact curve I need to go around so I'm in desperate need to find the product that made this possible!

Some of you may know that my Dad and I had two builds going on (our first attempts). He had some pretty deep burns in the quilted maple sides and before he knew it it was paper thin in an area. Infact, a hole has actually been poked through it now. It was a horrible day and many possibilities have been thought of. I've got my batteries charging for the camera now but here's the situation:

The hole is in the lower bout so turning it into a soundhole isn't a possibility
we also tried to fit a patch on the inside and use some go bar type sticks to put pressure and clamp it but it just wasn't going tight so we came in from the shop tonight to get some opinions. I'm thinking a built in preamp is probably the best option so we can cut out the problem area where the side is paper thin.

thanks!!!
Alex Thompson

Last edited by jarfly; 05-29-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: img added