View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
I still consider myself essentially a steel string player and I love my acoustics; however, I have found that of late my nylon string gets as much playing time as, if not more than, my steel strings. There's something kind of warm and initmate about the feel and sound of nylon string guitars. So far I've done the rounds of crossover guitars, and I think I'll have to think in terms of getting a genuine classical guitar next. Anyone else in danger of being converted?
Yep, I caught that "bug" several years ago when I was wanting a Taylor nylon string...and Taylor wasn't in the process of starting that line yet.

I'm not a classically trained guitar player, but I just loved sound of a Ramirez R1A and I found a Martin nylon string guitar like Willie Nelson's "Trigger"...at the time I didn't have the money. When I did save enough money, I went and bought a Takamine CD132SC. Acoustically or electrically speaking, it really is NOT a bad guitar at all. I just have trouble adjusting to the wide neck.
franchelB: TGF member #57!