View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 690MBCOMMANDO View Post
Good discussions (I am having a number of off line as well as you can imagine). Can you guys react to this setup with your thoughts?

Let's put money aside for a moment and just focus on "the good stuff"

- Delay: Boss DD-7 or Line 6 DL4
- Overdrive: Fulltone Full Drive 2 MOSFET or Fulltone OCD
- Compression: Barber Tone Press
- Fulltone FatBoost
......still thinking about others...

Will keep using my:
Boss TU-2
Ernie Ball VP
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
putting money aside and looking at your list of acoustics, I'd think you'd want to go with something more small shop or individual builder than the stuff you mentioned - which is all good stuff but certainly of a very different level than your taste in acoustics.

individual reactions - I'd go with the mosfet fulldrive before the OCD because of flexibility and versatility. I've heard only good things about the Tone Press and the Fatboost. I'd think seriously about replacing the Princeton Recording Amp and going with something like a Carr, Dr. Z., or I really like the sound of the Emerys, or any of the real small shop amps. Top end, I'd look at the Alessandro's.

For guitars, read some threads at the Gear Page under the small company luthiers section. If you want a PRS'y style guitar there are lots of small builders. Check out the Thorns or the Myka's. For Fender styles, there are a bunch more
that's me on guitar