The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Pay it Forward- Building Stories, One Guitar at a Time... (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583330)

RP 06-06-2020 07:42 AM

Pay it Forward- Building Stories, One Guitar at a Time...

Several months ago Evan gave me an Emerald coffee mug because mine had broken, and I believe I was the first to respond to his generosity. I asked, "Evan, can I at least pay for shipping?" He said, "No, just pay it forward." Fast forward to yesterday when I received the most wonderful Emerald X30 guitar so my Emerald drooling days are over. I've thought long and hard about Evan's request, and finally came up with a suitable, I believe, sequel to my free mug.

I have a paperback copy of Staci Blevins amazing book, Building Stories, One Guitar at a Time - The Story of Emerald Guitars that I'd like to give away. I'm limiting the drawing to respondents in the US including Alaska and Hawaii to minimize shipping costs. All I ask is that you respond to this thread before I wake up on Monday morning. At that time, I'll put all respondents names on slips of paper and then draw one from a hat. I'll then contact the winner to get his or her particulars for shipping.

NOTE: the picture shown is the landscape view of the cover from the hardback. The cover on the paperback is the same except it's a portrait view.

Let the games begin...

tbeltrans 06-06-2020 07:56 AM

RP,

Please pass this great book on to an Emerald owner who would appreciate it on many more levels than I would (not that I don't think highly of Emerald, I certainly do).

My post is just to say that this is a very generous offer and I am sure the lucky recipient will be as thrilled as you are with your X30.

Tony

Guest 928 06-06-2020 08:59 AM

Good Karma all around.

jdinco 06-06-2020 10:12 AM

Very kind RP, I'd be glad to pay shipping ! Thanks for your kindness no matter who gets it. As mentioned below, I will also forward to someone else after I read it.

RP 06-06-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdinaz (Post 6403039)
Very kind RP, I'd be glad to pay shipping ! Thanks for your kindness no matter who gets it.

Thanks and thanks for your offer. Should you win, don't worry about shipping. As Evan told me, just pay it forward...

Steve Hamill 06-06-2020 10:47 AM

Thanks RP!

Beautiful man! I feel the same about my new X10 as you do about your X30. Just perfect in every way. My next Emerald will be an X30 with flame maple top and sunburst finish. A real cowboy style!

insolent cur 06-06-2020 02:23 PM

I’d love to read the book, and then pass it on/forward.

I love playing my Emerald X20. It’s playing a piece of art.

Unfortunately I have to sell it to cover some unexpected expenses, but until someone buys it, I’ll be playing it everyday!

Enjoy your new guitars in good health! They are truly amazing.

Adam

Earl49 06-06-2020 06:53 PM

Wonderful gesture, RP. We made some very minor text contributions to Staci's excellent effort that were used, and already have a copy. So don't put my name in the hat. I just wanted to pass along a big attaboy! :up::up:

Carmel Cedar 06-07-2020 09:09 PM

Randy, what a neat idea. I’d love to read Staci’s book - count me in. I’ll have to find something cool to “pay it forward” as well! :)

DavidE 06-07-2020 09:12 PM

It would be a nice addition to my X20.

RP 06-08-2020 04:28 AM

And the winner is....insolent cur!

kramster 06-09-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 6404411)

Nice win ...and such a cool thing.

insolent cur 06-11-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 6404411)

Thank you very much, Randy! I’m really looking forward to checking it out.

RP 06-12-2020 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insolent cur (Post 6407798)
Thank you very much, Randy! I’m really looking forward to checking it out.

I mailed it Tuesday so you should receive it in a few days...

insolent cur 06-13-2020 08:33 AM

Pay it Forward- Building Stories, One Guitar at a Time...

I received the book in yesterday’s mail...thank you, Randy!! What an incredibly cool book. I’ve only skimmed through it at this point, but there are some amazing instruments featured in the Emerald story! They really are works of art.

I’m unhappy that I’m forced to sell my X20, but at some point things will turn around and I will acquire another. Such wonderful functional art.

Thank you again for sending the book!!

Adam