The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Where are the Sheeran guitars? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547358)

KarenB 05-20-2019 06:43 PM

Where are the Sheeran guitars?

Where are the Sheeran guitars? Are they still in Ireland? Are they coming by boat? Is someone swimming them across the pond on a raft? Have they been made yet? Still waiting. This happens a lot. Something new is sneak previewed and they say will be available in “March” then they say “April” then they say “May” then they say “June.” etc. etc. :D

vindibona1 05-20-2019 08:07 PM

I know they're making them... but is there a market for them? The Martin/Sheeran+ seemed to go over like a lead balloon.

Stevien 05-20-2019 08:34 PM

Sheeran who?
Steve (ducking for cover)

Vyse Hazuky 05-21-2019 02:12 AM

I've asked a big european Lowden dealer recently and they replied that they've been told to expect the first preorders to arrive in the summer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindibona1 (Post 6066807)
I know they're making them... but is there a market for them? The Martin/Sheeran+ seemed to go over like a lead balloon.

Are you sure about that? I had the exact opposite notion..

Michael Watts 05-21-2019 03:09 AM

As I hear it, they are on their way in the late summer. I have no reason to expect them to be anything but successful. As for the Martin connection, well I know for a fact that Ed's mini Martin sold very well indeed here in the UK.

takamineGD93 05-21-2019 05:52 AM

Whenever i see something intresting from namm it takes atleast a year before they show up in the shops. Doesn't matter if it's from giants like fender, vox, behringer. Seems reasonable that smaller companies need as much time to...

Sheeran guitars isn't one of thoose for me personally...

jpd 05-21-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenB (Post 6066763)
Where are the Sheeran guitars? Are they still in Ireland? Are they coming by boat? Is someone swimming them across the pond on a raft? Have they been made yet? Still waiting. This happens a lot. Something new is sneak previewed and they say will be available in “March” then they say “April” then they say “May” then they say “June.” etc. etc. :D

:roll::guitar:

perttime 05-21-2019 06:04 AM

Anderton's in UK had June and July 2019 delivery dates listed, depending on model.

I recall some UK shop had previously posted April or May.

Malcolm Kindnes 05-21-2019 06:09 AM

Perhaps they've finally realised they can't make a quality guitar in Ireland at that price point!

DesertTwang 05-21-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindibona1 (Post 6066807)

I can't help but feel reminded of a guitar with a band aid each time I see one. A lead balloon, on the other hand, would be kind of cool. I would definitely get that over a Sheeran Little Martin. I'm not knocking Ed Sheeran, by the way; I would never get a Little Martin to begin with, since I find it to be a truly awfully sounding guitar. The Backpacker at least can claim some unique style, the LXM just sux.

Rodger Knox 05-21-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertTwang (Post 6067258)
A lead balloon, on the other hand, would be kind of cool.

How about a Led Zeppelin?

TDavis 05-21-2019 12:21 PM

I'm glad Lowden is making guitars for Sheeran...but with all the effects Ed uses, he could make a cigar box guitar sound good.

perttime 05-21-2019 12:26 PM

Possible very good guitars for the money - but with the wrong name on them?

vindibona1 05-21-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyse Hazuky (Post 6066941)
I've asked a big european Lowden dealer recently and they replied that they've been told to expect the first preorders to arrive in the summer...

Are you sure about that? I had the exact opposite notion..

I played a few of the Martin Sheerans when they came out and thought they were crap and overpriced by $200 over similar a Martin model. They disappeared from sight shortly in my locale shortly after being introduced. JMO

Denny B 05-21-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozarkpicker (Post 6067324)
I'm glad Lowden is making guitars for Sheeran...but with all the effects Ed uses, he could make a cigar box guitar sound good.

My line of thinking is the same...

Once Sheeran plugs in and starts hitting that pedal board, it doesn't matter if he's plugged into a Little Martin, a Little Lowden, a Little Cigar Box, or a $20,000 Little Boutique...

He's going to sound like Ed Sheeran, and the particular guitar is irrelevant...