The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NHL Thread 2021 season (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603764)

TJNies 01-14-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6603862)
Great to see you all here again this season and I think there's a couple of new people too.

I haven't paid too much attention lately. Does Cleveland still have an NHL team?
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/nh...20170617151919

Sure! The Barons are stacked this year! I actually liked them, got to watch them in-person beat Montreal 1-0. That might be one of the few games they won...

I go (went to) Pens games and used to see fans with Cleveland jerseys a couple years back - was pretty cool.

Dru Edwards 01-14-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmp (Post 6604219)
being from Boston, I'm a wicked diehaaad B's fan...

I just hope Tuukka has had enough counseling to get his head right! :lol:

Yea, Rask needs to gain the fans' appreciation back.

AmericanEagle 01-15-2021 06:30 PM

Bruins won!

Dru Edwards 01-16-2021 12:47 PM

What are people's pics for:

- Hart Trophy (MVP)
- Art Ross (Points Scoring Champ)
- Maurice Richard (Goal Scoing Champ)
- Vezina (Top Goalie)
- Norris (Top Defenseman)
- Stanley Cup Champ
- Any other lead leaguing trophies?

Dru Edwards 01-23-2021 11:53 AM

Dallas finally played their first game last night and won big.

It seems to me that Toronto and Edmonton have already played head to head 8 times this season.

Dru Edwards 02-12-2021 02:37 PM

How's the NHL season working out for everyone? Boston has points in 11 of the 12 games they've played so far (9-1-2). Seems like they go to OT/Shootout a lot.

jpd 02-12-2021 03:25 PM

WOW!

Toronto is scoring goals like there's no tomorrow...good "D" also! Red Wings are flat out AWFUL!:rolleyes:

Lkristians 02-12-2021 03:49 PM

Isles were skidding but hoping they get on a surge.

Dru Edwards 02-13-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpd (Post 6633667)
Toronto is scoring goals like there's no tomorrow...good "D" also! Red Wings are flat out AWFUL!:rolleyes:

Yea, Toronto and Austin Matthews are doing great. I'm glad there's no travel outside of each of the 4 divisions but playing the same teams every week is going to get tiresome. I'm already looking forward to cross division playoffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lkristians (Post 6633691)
Isles were skidding but hoping they get on a surge.

Islanders are too good for that, Larry. Thinking that at the end there will be 5 teams playing for the 4 playoff spots - Bruins, Caps, Pens, Flyers, and Islanders .... and the Bruins and Caps won't be on the fringe.

Neil K Walk 02-15-2021 05:22 PM

I'm hoping the Penguins can turn it around. Somehow after years of feasting goal tending has become an issue of famine.

catdaddy 02-15-2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil K Walk (Post 6636990)
I'm hoping the Penguins can turn it around. Somehow after years of feasting goal tending has become an issue of famine.

The goaltending isn't really as bad as it has looked. Mitigating factor has been the injuries to defensemen Pettersson, Dumoulin, Matheson, Riikola and Letang. Having to play Chad Ruhwedel on his off-side, AHL lifer Keven Czuczman, and walk-on free agent Yannick Weber have made a mess of the Pens defense. Starting to see some improvements now as those injured are returning.

Dru Edwards 02-18-2021 02:28 PM

Congrats to McDavid for his 500th career point last night. He did it in the same amount of games that it took Crosby ... 369 games. 8th fastest ever.

Everton FC 02-18-2021 09:38 PM

My Flames are a mess. Seems there are "issues" in "The Room" - even Rhett Warrener on the Fan 960 this morning here in Calgary, as an ex-player, says this team has major issues in "The Room". It'll be interesting to see what they do w/Bennett. I think our next game should see all our grinders in the lineup - bench the loafers and drifters, those not 100% committed. We shall see how this turns out, here in Calgary.

Rockysdad 02-19-2021 12:53 PM

Still rooting for my Leafs, some moments brilliant, and others head scratching.

I'm wondering what it'll all be like when the different division leaders play each other.

Dru Edwards 02-19-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everton FC (Post 6640248)
My Flames are a mess. Seems there are "issues" in "The Room" - even Rhett Warrener on the Fan 960 this morning here in Calgary, as an ex-player, says this team has major issues in "The Room". It'll be interesting to see what they do w/Bennett. I think our next game should see all our grinders in the lineup - bench the loafers and drifters, those not 100% committed. We shall see how this turns out, here in Calgary.

Clubhouse issues rock the boat every time. Gotta set it straight or move the player(s).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockysdad (Post 6640731)
Still rooting for my Leafs, some moments brilliant, and others head scratching.

I'm wondering what it'll all be like when the different division leaders play each other.

Austin Matthews is having an amazing year. With the Leafs I always wonder if Andersen will let them down in a big game (playoffs).