The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Classifieds - Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   For Sale Or Trade: PENDING DEAL 2004 Marc Benetaeu 000-12C Sitka/Bubinga - Trades Updated (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527980)

nwapoolguy 11-12-2018 11:54 AM

PENDING DEAL 2004 Marc Benetaeu 000-12C Sitka/Bubinga - Trades Updated

8 Attachment(s)
Time for someone else to have a turn! I've had this one for a short time and can say there is absolutely, positively nothing wrong with it. I'm sure someone more talented than I am, particularly a fingerstyle player, could bring more out of her than I could. The truth is I'm a lover of acoustic instruments and had always wanted to play a Bene. But right now I'm trying to get my instruments down to 2 or 3. And just found the Kelday 000 cedar/mahogany I was looking for.

This is a fingerstylers dream guitar. That doesn't mean you can't strum or flat pick - It can do it all. The slim "D" neck profile is so comfortable you hardly feel the extra bit of neck width if you're accustomed to playing 1-3/4" nut widths. Truly a spectacular instrument. Today this build from Marc would be approximately $6,500.

Top: master grade silked Sitka
Back/sides: master grade flamed African Bubinga
Fingerboard: Ebony
Binding: Curly Maple
Head stock overlay: Brazilian
Size: 000-12C; 12 fret placement with cutaway
Cutaway: Soft Venetian
Nut and Saddle: Bone
Nut width: 1-13/16"
Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16"
Pickguard: None
Neck: Honduran mahogany....low profile D, slim n fast
Tuners: waverly tuners with ebony buttons
Electronics: K&K Trinity
Case: Ameritage with humidifier box

Dimensions:
Lower bout 14-7/8", 4-1/8" depth
Upper Bout 10-7/8", 3-5/8" depth
Body length 20-1/2"
Scale length 25.4"

Condition:
I would rate this at least 9.0/10.0 (being cautious and critical). Of course it’s been played and there are some surface scratches from honest playing wear. A few minor dings and a couple of tiny finish cracks. It's in VERY nice condition for its age. Setup is very nice. Just a touch over 0.090" at the 12th fret. Neck angle is even with the top of the bridge.

From former national fingerstyle champion Don Ross:

"I have been playing the guitar for most of my life. Lord knows, there are a lot of guitar players out there, and a lot of manufacturers. I now own three Marc Beneteau guitars, and they are far and away the most responsive guitars I have ever played. They not only record magnificently, but they put up extremely well with the rigors of my touring schedule. I've lost track of how many times people have run up to me after a concert to ask excitedly, Who makes your guitars?"

Sale price is $2,800 net to me. At this time I would prefer a sale but could be persuaded for a Lowden F (hopefully with 57mm string spacing) or early Goodall. Trade value $3,000.

Will also consider trades with heavy cash addition! Examples: Taylor 512, 514 Larrivee L or LV. 1-3/4" nut a must, 2-1/4" bridge string spacing preferred. (I realize Taylor only makes 2-3/16")

fitness1 11-12-2018 12:05 PM

Can you comment specifically on condition? There's nothing in your post that I could see.

nwapoolguy 11-12-2018 12:16 PM

Updated to reflect condition. I can send private pics if you need of the small impressions it has.

JAMKC 11-12-2018 12:18 PM

Seller is one of the best... a pleasure to deal with. Buy with complete confidence!

Ct20 11-12-2018 05:43 PM

Scale length?

nwapoolguy 11-12-2018 05:57 PM

Standard scale length, not a short scale.

Transylvania 11-13-2018 10:08 AM

I owned this guitar (twice), and I'm almost positive Rob C did as well, It is an outstanding finger-picking instrument. A real beauty as well. GLWS

nwapoolguy 11-13-2018 12:05 PM

Well they say "third time is a charm"! I jest of course. It sure is a beauty and lovely to play. I have a strict one in, one out policy and this one covers the one coming in. :) Someone will be very pleased. Got a few circling so I don't think it will last too much longer. Not often you can get what would be over $6K today for under $3K.

nwapoolguy 11-14-2018 07:31 AM

Back on up to the top. You know you want this!

And appreciate the kind words JAMKC! 😀

Guitars44me 11-14-2018 03:36 PM

Once was mine, too!

I am pretty sure this was mine for a while. I received it in a great trade with
Alan K/palolowarrior.

Spectacular axe. I have rather small hands and am 67 so the wider Nut was just a bit much for me. Only reason I do not still own it!

Someone added the pup with the mic after my tenure I believed...

Buy with confidence!

Cheers

Paul

nwapoolguy 11-15-2018 03:52 PM

It's been in the hands of a few here on AGF Paul. Keeping her in the family. :)

Considering a few trade options at the moment. Would still prefer a straight sale so if you're on the fence now might be the time!