The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tele neck and bridge question again (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648220)

eyesore 06-14-2022 08:52 AM

Tele neck and bridge question again

As I have been mentioning about going to a wider neck; I think other issue would be wider spacing at the bridge ,does Warmouth sell anything to help with this? Someone mentioned that it would not work here, not sure .Thanks for putting up with my dumb questions.

rmp 06-14-2022 09:39 AM

Personally--- I have never seen anything of the like to what you are asking for.

The parts are pretty standard throughout.

eyesore 06-14-2022 11:24 AM

Just wider string spacing at the bridge?

S.bowman 06-14-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyesore (Post 7022991)
As I have been mentioning about going to a wider neck; I think other issue would be wider spacing at the bridge ,does Warmouth sell anything to help with this? Someone mentioned that it would not work here, not sure .Thanks for putting up with my dumb questions.

If you know the neck width that you want to use, you could compare it with other guitars using the same width, and use whatever bridge that they use. You would need to glue and plug the string thru body holes, and redrill if the difference is huge. You could call Warmoth and speak with them directly. They are very nice folks, and the will do custom work.

TiffanyGuitar 06-14-2022 02:00 PM

I have never seen anything like you are asking about. Seems to me that if you went with wider bridge spacing, you would wind up with strings not passing over the pole pieces of the pickups.

GoPappy 06-14-2022 03:27 PM

I think you're swimming upstream, and I suspect the only way you'll get what you really want is a full custom build.

eyesore 06-14-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.bowman (Post 7023186)
If you know the neck width that you want to use, you could compare it with other guitars using the same width, and use whatever bridge that they use. You would need to glue and plug the string thru body holes, and redrill if the difference is huge. You could call Warmoth and speak with them directly. They are very nice folks, and the will do custom work.

Ah ! now i understand , this is probably so beyond doing that I d' be better buying an electric that i can fingerpick . thanks guys!

mr. beaumont 06-15-2022 06:03 AM

If you go with the traditional 3 saddle bridge with smooth saddles (no string groove) you have some play.

I play with a pick, mostly, but after going with a wider neck on my tele I noticed no issues with string spacing at the bridge.