The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Beatles - Blackbird - Fingerstyle Guitar Cover (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658962)

Basil 11-20-2022 10:37 AM

The Beatles - Blackbird - Fingerstyle Guitar Cover

Hi everyone,

I just uploaded my fingerstyle cover of Blackbird by the Beatles. I tried to come up with a way to play the guitar part and melody at the same time. Changing the key opened up the high strings for the melody - that was key! ;-) I hope enjoy listening!

All the best & have a nice Sunday,
Basil

Lkristians 11-20-2022 11:14 AM

That is very cool, Basil! You have some left handed reach there, for sure!

Glennwillow 11-20-2022 11:31 AM

Good grief! That was crazy complicated! Congratulations for figuring that out!

- Glenn

A Scot in Otley 11-20-2022 12:05 PM

That was just lovely. I'm just practising that song too - another week I think before it gets a public airing at an open mic. Need to get the singing nailed without me looking (too much) at the fretboard. Using 10th (sort of .. ish) intervals - zooming up and down the neck - so a simplified version of your fuller and much superior version. Had to turn down the tuning a notch so I could sing the high bit. Your version has inspired me to keep going with it.

Cheers

ReneAsologuitar 11-21-2022 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=Basil;7130543]Hi everyone,

I just uploaded my fingerstyle cover of Blackbird by the Beatles. I tried to come up with a way to play the guitar part and melody at the same time. Changing the key opened up the high strings for the melody - that was key! ;-) I hope enjoy listening!

Basil
+++++++++++++++++
Hi Basil,
Love this song a lot, and you definitely made my day today, with this tune.
Your playing is always amazing, with your guitar fingerings.
Always so fun to hear your guitar creativity and musical ways to let your talent flow so smoothly.
This one is a gem, and a hard one to execute.
Lovely!
Rene

Basil 11-27-2022 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lkristians (Post 7130577)
That is very cool, Basil! You have some left handed reach there, for sure!

Thanks so much, Larry! Glad you like it :-)

Basil 11-27-2022 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 7130589)
Good grief! That was crazy complicated! Congratulations for figuring that out!

- Glenn

Thanks a lot, Glenn! :-) Yes, it was definitely a tough one!

Basil 11-27-2022 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Scot in Otley (Post 7130621)
That was just lovely. I'm just practising that song too - another week I think before it gets a public airing at an open mic. Need to get the singing nailed without me looking (too much) at the fretboard. Using 10th (sort of .. ish) intervals - zooming up and down the neck - so a simplified version of your fuller and much superior version. Had to turn down the tuning a notch so I could sing the high bit. Your version has inspired me to keep going with it.

Cheers

Thanks a lot, Malcolm! Yes, definitely keep going. I find it very rewarding to play this song. If it did not already happen: All the best to you for the open mic!!! :-)

Basil 11-27-2022 04:42 AM

[QUOTE=ReneAsologuitar;7131214]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basil (Post 7130543)
Hi everyone,

Basil
+++++++++++++++++
Hi Basil,
Love this song a lot, and you definitely made my day today, with this tune.
Your playing is always amazing, with your guitar fingerings.
Always so fun to hear your guitar creativity and musical ways to let your talent flow so smoothly.
This one is a gem, and a hard one to execute.
Lovely!
Rene

Thanks so much, Rene! I'm happy that my cover had such a positive effect on your day. Yes, it's definitely a gem. Thanks again for the continued support!

All the best,
Basil