The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Cover of This Land by Woody Guthrie (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658953)

KevWind 11-20-2022 08:49 AM

Cover of This Land by Woody Guthrie

My take on this classic folk tune

ReneAsologuitar 11-21-2022 11:26 AM

Hi Kevin,
Truly enjoying this performance.
I love this song, and you gave it full justice.
Lovely guitar playing and very warming vocals.
Keep making great music.
Rene

KevWind 11-21-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReneAsologuitar (Post 7131212)
Hi Kevin,
Truly enjoying this performance.
I love this song, and you gave it full justice.
Lovely guitar playing and very warming vocals.
Keep making great music.
Rene

Hey thanks for kind words

Glennwillow 11-24-2022 12:25 AM

Great cover, Kevin! Good job on this! Nice and relaxing!

My wife used to teach that song to her 2nd graders every year and play the guitar with the kids! The first time I heard this was from Peter, Paul & Mary, and that's more than 5 1/2 decades ago. I heard a recording of Woody Guthrie singing this song at the Grand Coulee Dam many years ago as part of one of their presentations on the building of the big dams. I believe Woody Guthrie had a deal to write songs for the Bonneville Power Administration but World War II kind of got in the way.

Cool! :guitar:

- Glenn

Jeremy 11-24-2022 01:06 AM

Nicely done. I like the tone from your guitar as well.

KevWind 11-24-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 7132900)
Great cover, Kevin! Good job on this! Nice and relaxing!

My wife used to teach that song to her 2nd graders every year and play the guitar with the kids! The first time I heard this was from Peter, Paul & Mary, and that's more than 5 1/2 decades ago. I heard a recording of Woody Guthrie singing this song at the Grand Coulee Dam many years ago as part of one of their presentations on the building of the big dams. I believe Woody Guthrie had a deal to write songs for the Bonneville Power Administration but World War II kind of got in the way.

Cool! :guitar:

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn that's an interesting story about Woody and Yes I believe that the first time I heard it on the radio was the P, P and M version also

KevWind 11-24-2022 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 7132909)
Nicely done. I like the tone from your guitar as well.

Thanks Jeremy yes the Hatcher has become my favorite such that I actually have to make myself get out my other guitars.
BUT when I do I still do really appreciate them also, so all in all , I feel pretty fortunate
In fact I will be posting a couple more Videos in S&T where I am using that Hatcher but also and my other guitars as well.