The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Classifieds - Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   For Sale: SOLD!!! 2017 John Kinnaird BROWN BOMB SOLD AGF! CHEERS (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577117)

Guitars44me 04-03-2020 10:24 PM

SOLD!!! 2017 John Kinnaird BROWN BOMB SOLD AGF! CHEERS

SOLD AGF!!!

This sounds most like my newest JK. I can surely get by with three! :)

Super detailed description and more pics Up on Reverb:

https://reverb.com/item/33111087-john-kinnaird-r-p-2017

Tons of custom features and WORLD CLASS AXE. Built especially for me to my specs! Thank You John Kinnaird!!!

AGF Build thread by JK: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=459452

In BEAUTIFUL condition. Needs nothing. Final setup, minor fret dress, and monster flamenco style clear Pickguard by Pat Quinn, Senior Repair Tech at Taylor El Cajon, and my friend and Tech.

Ask away! 619-445-1189. 9-9 PDT

Stay well, stay home, have fun!

Video of this axe in open D for lap slide straight into my iPad: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCGIo9c28Bw

This instrument will turn sheltering in place into ARTIST IN RESIDENCE

SOLD AGF. ON ITS WAY TO MEMPHIS MONDAY...

paul

Guitars44me 04-03-2020 10:30 PM

8 Attachment(s)
1st batch of eye candyAttachment 35504Attachment 35505Attachment 35506Attachment 35507Attachment 35508Attachment 35509Attachment 35510Attachment 35511

palolowarrior 04-04-2020 12:46 AM

Is this the infamous Brown Bomber?

Guitars44me 04-04-2020 01:06 AM

Yep!

Yes Alan

The BROWN BOMB. John Kinnaird's build thread from the AGF Custom Shop can be accessed in the description (I hope)

This is the one I told you about!

Did your #83? get to you yet? This one is #135.

My latest is #157...

John keeps on getting more and more TONE and volume too. The ergonomics are SO NICE ON THIS.

Stay well, stay home, stay happy

Paul

Lonzo 04-04-2020 05:39 AM

Funny

..in the Reverb video it looks like it is a lefty...
but it isn’t, right?
Nice !

SoCalSurf 04-04-2020 07:30 AM

What a beautiful guitar! Good luck with sale!

Guitars44me 04-04-2020 10:21 AM

Righty...

Hey Lonzo. Perhaps I somehow reversed the video???

First video on my recent Galaxy phone.

I am one of the last folks on earth to finally get a smart phone. Last Thanksgiving! Hahahaha. Which I am finally sloooooowly figuring out...

The camera is much better than my older iPad, but I can NOT type on it. ;). Sounds pretty good with my Studio headphones too!

Anyway, this guitar is a right handed instrument.

Thanks Lonzo and SoCalSurf! I have had a BUNCH of FINE guitars from almost every major builder, and dozens from HIGH END single Luthiers.

THIS SMOKES THEM ALL.

If you have ever wanted the VOLUME and TONE of a world class (almost) Jumbo
With the comfort of a 000, here is your Grail.

Always love talking with AGF folks

Call me! 619-445-1189. 9-9 (or so) PDT

Cheers and SALUD!

Paul

Racerbob 04-04-2020 04:04 PM

Special Guitar

Had a long chat with Paul. Very open about guitar. Does seem to be a special configuration.

rcalcutta 04-04-2020 07:31 PM

I was visiting John's shop right at the time the Brown Bomb was just finished and was able to play it. I went immediately to John's wood room and selected the woods for him to make me virtually the same guitar.

This one is very special, folks. There is no way in the world to go wrong here.

As you all know, Paul is a gentleman and a scholar. At times a very bad influence, but I am very thankful to know him.

Buy with complete confidence.

Guitars44me 04-04-2020 09:33 PM

Thanks Gents

RacerBob, it was a gas yakking today. Third AGF conversation lately that touched on Quicksilver Messenger Service! Haha. Awesome Band from the SF Bay Area in the mid to late 60s!!!

Did U get thru to JK? Stay well and play a LOT! Let's talk again.

Rob C, right back at ya! Cindy said to tell you it made her heart happy when I just read her your post.

It has always been my goal to be in complete integrity about anything I am selling. Thanks Rob for noticing!!!

I REALLY take a LOT of care to make sure my instruments are all in peak playing and performance condition !! It is a bunch of work and takes time and usually money too. I have always believed it is a GREAT thing to support our Best Local Luthiers. Fortunately I have been able to get them to work on my guitars. (And take my calls!)

This one was LOVINGLY GIGGED for the 2 1/2 years or so I have owned it!
It is wide open but near mint condition and SO EASY TO PLAY.

As expected, considerable interest in this feature laden and BEAUTIFUL axe.

Please call me. I am determined to get this to the RIGHT home.

Maybe Yours???

Paul

sford52 04-04-2020 10:51 PM

My goodness Paul, that is sure one beautiful work of art. Those Kinnaird boys sure have quite a bit of wizardry coursing through their veins.

GLWS, someone is going to be a very happy camper.

Transylvania 04-05-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sford52 (Post 6338941)
My goodness Paul, that is sure one beautiful work of art. Those Kinnaird boys sure have quite a bit of wizardry coursing through their veins.

GLWS, someone is going to be a very happy camper.

Totally agree. This guitar checks a lot of boxes. Not sure (for me) if it gets better than a 12 fret cutaway. And the Kinnaird brothers definitely know how to build a truly top-shelf guitar. Glws

Guitars44me 04-07-2020 04:36 PM

SOLD AGF!!! cheers

Thanks SFord52 and Frank!!! I really appreciate you gentlemen chiming in here.

Folks this instrument is SOLD AGF and will ship to Memphis on Monday...

Everybody play the good ones, and have fun! I figure it's best just to stay home, and party in place!

Cheers and SALUD!!!

Paul