The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   First Fingerstyle Guitar Song. (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546214)

peterjonesmusic 05-07-2019 01:07 PM

First Fingerstyle Guitar Song.

Hi everyone,

My name is Peter Jones. I'm a 15 year old fingerstyle guitarist from the south of England. This is my first original fingerstyle guitar song and I'm pretty proud of it. Please excuse the few errors I made, this was my first time recording one of my own songs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxqfYUGgYwQ

This track is also on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/peter-jones-guitar/alice

Thank you all very much for watching or listening.

Thanks,
Peter J.

zeeway 05-07-2019 03:03 PM

Very mellow and very enjoyable. Well done.

rick-slo 05-07-2019 03:37 PM

Welcome to the forum. Good job and thanks for sharing. You have more song development than average, however for a piece
lasting that long a little more variety would help. Regarding the video you might dress up a bit more.

Tele1111 05-07-2019 04:56 PM

Hey Peter,

Nice job. It’s nice to see and hear some young talent.
I’ll echo what rick-slo said; work on developing more variety,
or maybe just reduce the length of the tune.

At any rate, it’s a very good first composition.
Learning to compose takes time and practice. Keep writing!

Mark

peterjonesmusic 05-08-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick-slo (Post 6056489)
Welcome to the forum. Good job and thanks for sharing. You have more song development than average, however for a piece
lasting that long a little more variety would help. Regarding the video you might dress up a bit more.

You might be right there, in all respects. I had just come back from playing a round of tennis with a friend and it skipped my mind to change out of my sports clothes. Thanks for the feedback anyway.

SprintBob 05-11-2019 08:09 AM

Excellent. Yep I agree you don’t want the hairy leg visage in your videos:ha:!

How long have you been playing? I started 6 years ago and really committed to fingerstyle 2 years into it. I like the finger slap/brushes in your arrangement, just learning to use that embellishment technique myself.

Look forward to hearing more from you, it inspires my playing.

Cheers Peter.

rpe1 05-11-2019 06:32 PM

Great job, enjoyed it!

TBman 05-11-2019 07:46 PM

Good job.

Practice recording yourself as well as well as practicing your guitar, if you can, even if its with a cell phone. Getting used to the act of recording and making it second nature will be a big help to you later on down the road. Keep playing and composing!

peterjonesmusic 05-14-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintBob (Post 6059241)
Excellent. Yep I agree you don’t want the hairy leg visage in your videos:ha:!

How long have you been playing? I started 6 years ago and really committed to fingerstyle 2 years into it. I like the finger slap/brushes in your arrangement, just learning to use that embellishment technique myself.

Look forward to hearing more from you, it inspires my playing.

Cheers Peter.

I started playing when I was 8, which would make it so that I've been playing for about 7 and a half years now. I first heard about Fingerstyle playing when I heard Tobias Rauscher playing Still Awake just over a year ago and I started trying to learn what he was playing, and as I discovered more people playing in that style I got inspired by them.

Glad you liked it, and I will dress better for next time.

Thanks,
Peter J

Imbler 05-14-2019 08:26 AM

Very nice Peter -shows talent, and shows you have been putting in the hours to learn the new technique.

Fingerstyle is definitely worth the effort!

Mike

Chickee 05-15-2019 06:39 PM

“Alice” must be a very special person.

bmoss02 05-15-2019 10:36 PM

wow that's great! really impressive! I've gotta agree with what others have said it is a little repetitive for such a long song. you might want to trim it a bit. I really like the finger slaps. it adds character to the song. But all in all I really like it keep up the good work!

peterjonesmusic 05-16-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoss02 (Post 6062932)
wow that's great! really impressive! I've gotta agree with what others have said it is a little repetitive for such a long song. you might want to trim it a bit. I really like the finger slaps. it adds character to the song. But all in all I really like it keep up the good work!

Understandable. I was kind of expecting it to be repetitive to be fair but I had nothing else, so I just went with it. Hopefully next time I will have a few more ideas.

Thanks,
Peter J