The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   No. I Won't Pull Up To The Sign..... (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566735)

martingitdave 12-17-2019 06:52 PM

Well.... when you gotta make a stand... ;-)

Mr. Jelly 12-17-2019 07:55 PM

The Mac shake is going DOWN! Who's with me?

FLRon 12-17-2019 09:25 PM

Managers are evaluated on many specific items, one of which is average time spent waiting in line. When you pull forward as they asked, the timer for your order stops thus positively affecting their “score”. Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but not to the person whose performance review will be negatively impacted by too long time in the line.

I used to work with a guy who had a sure fire way to get fresh French fries from McDonald’s. He would order them with no salt, which meant they had to serve him fries right out of the fryer. They hated this, because he also refused to pull forward. It was a joke to him, but like I stated it wasn’t funny to the manager because it backed the entire line up, adding additional time to each order.

Ben M. 12-17-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly (Post 6242159)
The Mac shake is going DOWN! Who's with me?

I don't know what that means but my gut is telling me I should go for it. So yes I'm with you.

Ben M. 12-17-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLRon (Post 6242218)

I used to work with a guy who had a sure fire way to get fresh French fries from McDonald’s. He would order them with no salt, which meant they had to serve him fries right out of the fryer. They hated this, because he also refused to pull forward. It was a joke to him, but like I stated it wasn’t funny to the manager because it backed the entire line up, adding additional time to each order.

Your friend sounds like a real turd burger but I bet he'd be helpful in whatever it is me and Mr. Jelly are about to do.
Can I get his email

Riverwolf 12-18-2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLRon (Post 6242218)
I used to work with a guy who had a sure fire way to get fresh French fries from McDonald’s. He would order them with no salt, which meant they had to serve him fries right out of the fryer.

Works with burgers too, just change the normal even slightly, like "no pickles, or mustard"... you will get a fresh one that hasn't been sitting there awhile.
Or so they tell me. :)

tinnitus 12-24-2019 10:23 AM

Even though the minimum wage hasn't been forced up to $15 yet, it seems the robots are already working there.

flaggerphil 12-29-2019 03:58 PM

First world problem, indeed.

MikeBmusic 12-30-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverwolf (Post 6242338)
Works with burgers too, just change the normal even slightly, like "no pickles, or mustard"... you will get a fresh one that hasn't been sitting there awhile.
Or so they tell me. :)

They are supposed to be making them all to order now, just saying....

Daniel Grenier 12-30-2019 10:41 AM

Thank you for patronizing McD. I own shares and I try to regularly thank those who eat there. I don’t eat there myself but I am indeed thankful for those who do (otherwise my shares would tank).

If this “pull up to the sign” issue persists, let me know and I’ll bring it up next shareholders meeting.;)

Silly Moustache 12-30-2019 10:47 AM

I'm proud to say that i have NEVER been to buy fast food whilst in my car ...come to think of it I only ever bought a macdonalds once after working for 12 hours solid with no food.
I took one bite of that greasy processed meat product, and left it on the counter.

flaggerphil 12-31-2019 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silly Moustache (Post 6252173)
I'm proud to say that i have NEVER been to buy fast food whilst in my car ...come to think of it I only ever bought a macdonalds once after working for 12 hours solid with no food.
I took one bite of that greasy processed meat product, and left it on the counter.

Ummm...McDonald's burgers are pure beef. Greasy? Yep. But they have no fillers. Their fries, otoh...

Murphy Slaw 12-31-2019 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silly Moustache (Post 6252173)

Yea, but you don't like Gibsons either...…

:D

Murphy Slaw 12-31-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier (Post 6252169)
Thank you for patronizing McD. I own shares and I try to regularly thank those who eat there. I don’t eat there myself but I am indeed thankful for those who do (otherwise my shares would tank).

That's just the way I feel about Facebook.

I've never been on it, don't use it, don't like anything about it.

But I own a little...

Mobile1 01-20-2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw (Post 6252818)
Yea, but you don't like Gibsons either...…

:D

:roll: That made me laugh OP.