The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Eastman E1D (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572088)

Kitkatjoe 02-13-2020 12:06 AM

Eastman E1D

I can not say enough stupendous things about this guitar.
The craftmanship is beautiful with wood that's gorgeous. The guitar has a piano 🎹 quality that is perfect I note separation. From a deep bass to high treble it performs well. If it was built in the USA you couldn't buy it for a grand. I'm a Martin man but I'm glad I rolled the dice and found Eastman guitars,that are hand made instruments.😉

Ncbandit 02-13-2020 12:08 AM

Congrats!! I have 2 Eastman's and love them.

t.strings 02-13-2020 12:28 AM

@Kitkatjoe, Have one myself & feel the same. It's a great guitar!

Bob from Brooklyn 02-13-2020 05:12 AM

I'm loving my OM!

JERZEY 02-13-2020 07:23 AM

They make the E2D with a cedar top now too. It sounds amazing.

UncleJesse 02-13-2020 07:49 AM

I'm looking forward to scooping up an E10D-TC very soon. In the midst of a trade for one now.

llew 02-13-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JERZEY (Post 6291172)
They make the E2D with a cedar top now too. It sounds amazing.

Yep...I picked up a E2D Cedar for $500 and am amazed each time I pick it up. Don't know how they can build it so inexpensively?

warfrat73 02-13-2020 09:45 AM

I was playing my E1OM last night and just amazed by its resonance, sustain, and volume. There are a couple of things about it that I nitpick... but it's an amazing guitar for the price, and an excellent one for double the price.

I have a used E6D on the way as a camp and bar guitar, hope it's as described. It wasn't until after I clicked the buy it button that I read that even though the spec sheet says the nut is 1 3/4" these actually seem to be 1 11/16"... we'll see what happens with that.

Matt McGriff 02-13-2020 11:17 AM

Love my E1D. Great guitar all around.

gibpicker 02-13-2020 02:30 PM

I'm trying to find an Eastman dealer in San Diego with not a whole lot of luck so far looking to play a E1om before buying. Looking on line there are guitar stores that claim they carry Eastman, but when you call you find that they only carry student guitars, or big box stores that claim they carry them on line, but none are in there stores. A bit frustrating.

llew 02-13-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibpicker (Post 6291604)
I'm trying to find an Eastman dealer in San Diego with not a whole lot of luck so far looking to play a E1om before buying. Looking on line there are guitar stores that claim they carry Eastman, but when you call you find that they only carry student guitars, or big box stores that claim they carry them on line, but none are in there stores. A bit frustrating.

Ted at LA Guitar Sales is an Eastman dealer. you might check his stock online. My E2D cedar top c are from him.

gibpicker 02-13-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llew (Post 6291605)
Ted at LA Guitar Sales is an Eastman dealer. you might check his stock online. My E2D cedar top c are from him.

Did you play your E2D before buying? I was hoping to find an E1om, and hopefully more than one to play locally (in SD) before buying.

warfrat73 02-13-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibpicker (Post 6291604)

I bought mine from Cream City Music (only partly because I used to live in Milwaukee and used to go in there once in a while). They seem to not only tend to have the lowest price on that model, but also offer free shipping, and have one available.

Mine had obviously hung on the wall for a little bit as this is a real brick and mortar store, so it wasn't fresh out of the box... but it was in fine shape.

malcolm kelt 02-13-2020 03:22 PM

I just picked up an Eastman E1 OOSS Ltd a few days ago, really impressed, picked it up for weekends away etc, sounds and plays great. A lot of guitar for the money, finish isn't quite up there with my Collings guitars but a fantastic tone for a fraction of the price, would definitely consider another Eastman in the future.
Dealers are pretty thin on the ground in Scotland and the UK.

JERZEY 02-13-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibpicker (Post 6291624)
Did you play your E2D before buying? I was hoping to find an E1om, and hopefully more than one to play locally (in SD) before buying.

In the NY area everyone carries the 1k$ish++ models. Nobody carries the entry models and only one dealer in the area carries the E1om so I feel your pain.