The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   2018 Stephen Kinnaird Part 2 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505198)

nacluth 04-04-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuckerRE (Post 5690904)
Then I am going with (silly as it might seem) walnut.

Actually Bob, they call it Walnut even though itís not a true Walnut, but thatís only part of the name, so youíre going to have to be more specific to claim Steveís dancing prize.

Sorry Rye, not correct.

iim7V7IM7 04-04-2018 10:15 AM

Butternut....

Stevied63 04-04-2018 11:16 AM

Is it Imbuia?

TuckerRE 04-04-2018 11:28 AM

2018 Stephen Kinnaird Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nacluth (Post 5691033)
Actually Bob, they call it Walnut even though itís not a true Walnut, but thatís only part of the name, so youíre going to have to be more specific to claim Steveís dancing prize.



Sorry Rye, not correct.



Sheesh..making me get pacific huh?

Better not quit my day job just yet, then!

cigarfan 04-04-2018 11:43 AM

I will guess Ash.

nacluth 04-04-2018 11:55 AM

Umm...no, no, sorry Bob, and no. I have seen a picture of a completed guitar of this wood in the bowels of the interwebs, but have never seen one in the flesh nor heard of anyone who has.

nacluth 04-04-2018 02:28 PM

April 4: Clipping those frets

https://s19.postimg.org/4vlkqonyr/45...9_F7_B3242.jpg

Also, think down under for yesterdayís shot.

TomB'sox 04-04-2018 02:43 PM

Australian walnut?

nacluth 04-04-2018 02:54 PM

Tom, Iím declaring you the winner to save confusion. The wood is typically sold as Queensland Walnut. In the veneer world it seems to trade more often as the generic Australian Walnut. Not a true walnut (Juglans genus), but the wood looks a lot like US Black walnut.

Steve is ready to dance at your wedding at your behest or Iíll make you a great deal on this wood. Think of your prize package and let us know. ;)

Codfather 04-04-2018 03:00 PM

wood species
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TomB'sox 04-04-2018 03:27 PM

Well Kathy and I plan to get married in the Caribbean so I will let Steve decide if he wants to do that or have me buy wood?

nacluth 04-04-2018 03:59 PM

He said, ďCaribbean baby!Ē

TuckerRE 04-04-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 5691308)
Australian walnut?



Congrats, Tom. You seem to be outdoing me at every turn these days..need to up my game!

TomB'sox 04-05-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuckerRE (Post 5691721)
Congrats, Tom. You seem to be outdoing me at every turn these days..need to up my game!


Well you really deserve the win on this one, so guess what? Yes, that's right, you can come to the wedding and Steve and you can do a little dancing together!!! How's that for generosity?

TuckerRE 04-05-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 5691871)
Well you really deserve the win on this one, so guess what? Yes, that's right, you can come to the wedding and Steve and you can do a little dancing together!!! How's that for generosity?



I am on the next flight!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=