The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hercules stands - best customer service i have ever encountered (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483565)

roylor4 09-20-2017 07:47 AM

Hercules stands - best customer service i have ever encountered

Since we have all heard nightmare stories about shipping and warranty claims I thought I would share a pleasant story that epitomizes what good customer service looks like.

I have a single Hercules locking stand that failed last week. The lever that allowed you to adjust it or take it apart just disintegrated. I have had the stand a LONG time and have also have 3 Hercules multi stands in my home, which i shared with them. Since the stand was so old, I did not have the receipt for it.

I emailed them with a warranty claim on 9/14. They sent me a new stand yesterday, on 9/19. No guff about the receipt. Just an excellent and lightning fast response. It's Hercules from now on for me.

Just thought I'd share.

StillStephen 09-20-2017 07:48 AM

Good to hear! I'm a fan of the Hercules stands and this just solidifies that.

AndrewG 09-20-2017 08:52 AM

This is why I use Quiklok stands. There's nothing to break, fall off or fail on them. Just welded steel and rubber. When I was gigging with an electric band they got abused, kicked, trodden on, tossed in the back of the van and never, ever, failed over several years.

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=pr...3&sName=QL-633

Earl49 09-20-2017 09:24 AM

The only stands or wall hangers in my house are Hercules "grabber" models. Everything else just pales by comparison. Good to hear of your positive customer service experience. I've never needed it.

Athens 09-20-2017 09:27 AM

Hercules

I had an issue with the "sticky" foam on a Hercules stand a couple of years back and they were equally as prompt in sending me one of the new stands to replace it.

You stand with the folks who stand by you.

roylor4 09-20-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athens (Post 5481987)
I had an issue with the "sticky" foam on a Hercules stand a couple of years back and they were equally as prompt in sending me one of the new stands to replace it.

You stand with the folks who stand by you.

Yeah, the rubber on the part that disintegrated also had the "sticky" thing going on. That was never as big issue to me, but kinda disgusting. It is something they had problems with early on, apparently. Mine is of the "grabby" variety as well.

I found it a refreshing change to deal with a company that went above and beyond. :guitar:

SpruceTop 09-20-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roylor4 (Post 5481998)
Yeah, the rubber on the part that disintegrated also had the "sticky" thing going on. That was never as big issue to me, but kinda disgusting. It is something they had problems with early on, apparently. Mine is of the "grabby" variety as well.

I found it a refreshing change to deal with a company that went above and beyond. :guitar:

I contacted Hercules customer service on this "sticky" matter, and on the locking trigger falling apart on one of my stands and they wanted me to send them pictures of everything. I have three Hercules grabber-style stands. Can you give me the name and email address of the person you dealt with at Hercules? Thanks.

golfreggie 09-20-2017 09:54 AM

QUOTE: "I emailed them with a warranty claim on 9/14. They sent me a new stand yesterday, on 9/19. No guff about the receipt. Just an excellent and lightning fast response. It's Hercules from now on for me."

That is one great example of creating customers for life!

BrunoBlack 09-20-2017 10:41 AM

That is nice to hear. I’ve had great luck with their stands, but it’s nice to know they stand behind their products.

roylor4 09-20-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpruceTop (Post 5482005)
I contacted Hercules customer service on this "sticky" matter, and on the locking trigger falling apart on one of my stands and they wanted me to send them pictures of everything. I have three Hercules grabber-style stands. Can you give me the name and email address of the person you dealt with at Hercules? Thanks.

Hi Sprucetop - this page has all the info needed: Hercules Warranty. I provided the info asked for and numbered them just as listed. The response via email was made within an hour. i was amazed. I did send pics as requested.

Hope this helps.

Roy

Dru Edwards 09-20-2017 05:45 PM

What excellent customer service. Thanks for sharing, always great to hear about this.

Brucebubs 09-20-2017 05:50 PM

Nice to hear about good customer service.
I've dealt with several US companies over the years and can honestly say they have all been excellent.
It's something you guys do really well.

DaBoz 09-20-2017 06:24 PM

I only use Hercules stands after seeing my Martin fall off a non grabbing type stand!

Thankfully it wasted damaged....

Winch2017 09-20-2017 06:51 PM

I had a good warranty experience as well. I have 3 of them now.

Jerry D 09-20-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBoz (Post 5482523)
I only use Hercules stands after seeing my Martin fall off a non grabbing type stand!

Thankfully it wasted damaged....

Yes, I hate wasted damage. :mad: