The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New 00 Woodsman model Hatcher Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526844)

BrianM99 05-15-2020 12:28 PM

Bumping along a cool build thread. Another Woodsman will be in the works later in 2020. Very excited!

Mark Hatcher 05-15-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianM99 (Post 6381251)
Bumping along a cool build thread. Another Woodsman will be in the works later in 2020. Very excited!

Everyone please take note while BrianM99 demonstrates the proper way to enter the forum with a first posting. Thank you for your attention everyone :)

Welcome to the forum BrianM99! I look forward to working with you!

Mark

Treenewt 05-15-2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianM99 (Post 6381251)

Congrats and welcome! The Woodsman Is such an incredible build! Can’t wait to follow along with yours!

Guitars44me 05-15-2020 08:54 PM

Nice #1 post for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher (Post 6381483)
Everyone please take note while BrianM99 demonstrates the proper way to enter the forum with a first posting. Thank you for your attention everyone :)

Welcome to the forum BrianM99! I look forward to working with you!

Mark

Way to go Brian, and welcome to the proverbial candy store!

Have Fun

Paul

SJ VanSandt 05-16-2020 11:08 AM

Congratulations, Brian!

I'm loving my Woodsman so much I've been thinking about asking Mark to make me another one, so it's a good thing you got your order in! Are you going to stick with the redwood/walnut (like I did) or strike out into new territory? He has some tempting old spruce and old mahogany.

Stan

BrianM99 05-16-2020 12:48 PM

Paul - Candy Store indeed. I think I'd like to own one of each of Mark's model guitars! I just don't know which model for an encore (ha, even though I don't have my first yet): a Pina, Penelope Crossover (it might be nice owning a nylon string) or a Greta. Decisions, Decisions. And then deciding on woods and options?

Stan - Yeah, I'm planning to go with the Black Walnut/Redwood combination as Charlie's video sounded so nice and responsive. I also have another guitar in the works (Flammang) using the Honduran Mahogany/Red Spruce combination. Nothing wrong with owning multiples!

Mark Hatcher 04-17-2021 07:43 AM

Charlie Chronopoulos concert

Many of you know that I have had the good fortune to have Charlie Chronopoulos do demos of my guitar builds for years now. When Charlie first played the Woodsman this was the guitar he wanted for himself.

Now several years down the road Charlie has done a live concert for the Currier Museum of Art promoting the recent acquisition of Frank Lloyd Wright's Kalil house in Manchester NH.
This is a link to the Facebook posting of the video. After a tour of this wonderful house Charlie performs some of his original work and we can hear how this Woodsman has been breaking in:

https://www.facebook.com/CurrierMuse...95015668140162

Thanks for viewing!
Mark

Nemoman 04-18-2021 12:35 PM

Cool house, cool concert, cool guitar!

Awesome video--thanks for sharing!

Mark Hatcher 04-21-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 6693885)
Cool house, cool concert, cool guitar!

Awesome video--thanks for sharing!

Thanks Nemoman. I’d like to get a YouTube link for this because many folks aren’t using Facebook but for now this is it.

Lonzo 04-21-2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher (Post 6696409)
Thanks Nemoman. I’d like to get a YouTube link for this because many folks aren’t using Facebook but for now this is it.

..yes, please, if possible.
,o)

Treenewt 04-21-2021 08:45 AM

Mark, thanks for sharing that! I loved hearing Charlie with the Woodsman...both sound wonderful! The Woodsman is definitely sounding lovely.

The house was equally cool! Wright's work always blows my mind, even if I didn't care for the aesthetic all the time. Truly a genius.

Mark Hatcher 04-22-2021 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonzo (Post 6696411)
..yes, please, if possible.
,o)

Charlie has asked. Hopefully they will post it on YouTube.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treenewt (Post 6696485)
Mark, thanks for sharing that! I loved hearing Charlie with the Woodsman...both sound wonderful! The Woodsman is definitely sounding lovely.

The house was equally cool! Wright's work always blows my mind, even if I didn't care for the aesthetic all the time. Truly a genius.

Wright’s work is inspiring. That room has nice acoustics for Charlie’s playing.