The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   RECORD (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Logic Pro X Midi - Map C3 note to a kick-drum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553516)

Per Burström 08-01-2019 04:26 AM

Logic Pro X Midi - Map C3 note to a kick-drum

Hi,
are there any Logic Pro X users here? I need help with something...

I just got myself a Roland SPD::ONE KICK stomp pedal. Besides using the built-in sound I would also like to use it as a MIDI box triggering a drum sound in Logic Pro X when recording. However, the SPD::ONE sends the C3 note which means I will get the hi-hat in Logic. How do I change this?

Thanks in advance!
Per

KevWind 08-01-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Burström (Post 6126838)
Hi,
are there any Logic Pro X users here? I need help with something...

I just got myself a Roland SPD::ONE KICK stomp pedal. Besides using the built-in sound I would also like to use it as a MIDI box triggering a drum sound in Logic Pro X when recording. However, the SPD::ONE sends the C3 note which means I will get the hi-hat in Logic. How do I change this?

Thanks in advance!
Per

I don't use logic BUT in general first What actual Drum instrument (plugin) in Logic are you using (such that C3 is an HH sound ?) I am guessing the people replying will have to know that, to be able to know if there is a Midi re-mapping feature accessible from the GUI of that instrument.

Per Burström 08-02-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevWind (Post 6127002)
I don't use logic BUT in general first What actual Drum instrument (plugin) in Logic are you using (such that C3 is an HH sound ?) I am guessing the people replying will have to know that, to be able to know if there is a Midi re-mapping feature accessible from the GUI of that instrument.

Thanks for your feedback! :up: I use EZdrummer 2, and it doesn't allow you to define your own MIDI-maps.

I'm pretty sure there are mapping features within Logic Pro X I could use, but I have played a little with a feature of Logic Pro I might be able to use (verified it works). You can define your own JavaScript code as a MIDI-FX insert effect, and I simply added code to grab whatever MIDI note that comes in, extract the velocity value from it, and then send the C1 (note 36, for the kick drum) instead. Pretty cool that this is possible! :)

/Per

KevWind 08-02-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Burström (Post 6128094)
Thanks for your feedback! :up: I use EZdrummer 2, and it doesn't allow you to define your own MIDI-maps.

I'm pretty sure there are mapping features within Logic Pro X I could use, but I have played a little with a feature of Logic Pro I might be able to use (verified it works). You can define your own JavaScript code as a MIDI-FX insert effect, and I simply added code to grab whatever MIDI note that comes in, extract the velocity value from it, and then send the C1 (note 36, for the kick drum) instead. Pretty cool that this is possible! :)

/Per

Great that you got it figured out . I don't use EZ drum I use Slate Drums or Slave Reason to PT both of which have key remapping features

paulp1960 08-03-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Burström (Post 6128094)

/Per

Well done for getting that working. I had a similar issue whereby I was using the Logic Drummer to "drive" the EZdrummer2 sounds.
There seemed to be a problem with my hi-hats and I tried the same thing with a home made MIDI-FX based on a short JavaScript file.
I was amazed you could actually make your own midi-effect using JavaScript.