The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Arriving in April, hopefully... (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571350)

futboljim 02-05-2020 08:51 AM

Arriving in April, hopefully...

... a new X20, short scale, with the Pao Ferro shown below. I've now sold off two of my wood guitars, a 000-18GE and an LV-09, so I have the room.

I have never ordered something and had to wait this long before, so it will be a good test of my patience. I blame eatswodo for this - he graciously brought his Emeralds over for a little test drive, and it pushed me over the top to go ahead and place my order.

https://scontent.ftul1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a8&oe=5EB90128

oscarvan 02-05-2020 09:33 AM

Nice. It will look good in the Arizona sun......

Guest 928 02-05-2020 09:46 AM

That's a stunning choice of veneer--it will become even more pronounced with the finish. Eatswodo gets points as a motivator.

steelvibe 02-05-2020 10:13 AM

I will watch with avid interest Jim. I'm particularly interested in the short scale and how that changes up the instrument from both a dimension and tone perspective. I'm a big fan of shorter scale instruments as you can tell from my signature. I predict that is going to be a stunning guitar.

So, you have a partner in the wait. :up:

jdinco 02-05-2020 10:25 AM

Congrats on what should be a stunning guitar ! Have you purchased any Sake yet? I'm sure Kramster will post some pictures as soon as he gets it.

David Eastwood 02-05-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futboljim (Post 6284493)
... a new X20, short scale, with the Pao Ferro shown below. I've now sold off two of my wood guitars, a 000-18GE and an LV-09, so I have the room.

I have never ordered something and had to wait this long before, so it will be a good test of my patience. I blame eatswodo for this - he graciously brought his Emeralds over for a little test drive, and it pushed me over the top to go ahead and place my order.

You're most welcome, Jim - hopefully I can pop over to see it when it arrives :)

It must have hurt a little to say goodbye to that beautiful Larrivee, though...

RP 02-05-2020 01:03 PM

I think that's going to be a beauty. I took the liberty of doing a before and potentially after. Obviously the grain is different, but it provides an idea as what finished Pao Ferro grain can look like...

kramster 02-05-2020 01:08 PM

April 2021 .... of course you will by then...well hopefully a week or 2 earlier

futboljim 02-05-2020 03:35 PM

Lol kramster!

RP - thanks, that’s a look I’m ready for!

Thanks all for the support and nice comments.

Dave, I’ll let you know when it arrives and we will connect. Yes, letting that Larry go hurt. She’s beautiful and sounds amazing. I sat and tried to play her a bit the day before I sold it, and it just reaffirmed that I made a good decision to go short scale. Hurts too much to play long scale :-(

Steelvibe - we should get a chance to compare sound with eatswodo’s standard scale and report back our comparison for you.

Now, back to the wait...

KarenB 02-05-2020 04:52 PM

Congratuatlions Jim. I know you'll love it when it arrives!

wickedwahine 02-05-2020 06:23 PM

That looks like it will be beautiful. I look forward to hearing how you like it when it arrives. Now, the waiting is the hardest part...

kramster 02-05-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futboljim (Post 6284825)
Lol kramster!

Darn spell check...I meant "It'll be delivered really really soon and look and sound and play amazin"... sorry, I should have checked the checked..or something like that. Guess I was beside myself ( not sure which side) with joy for you...yes that's it. Got outa that one..

'

Guest 928 02-05-2020 06:58 PM

Pretty incredible edit Mr. K, you are a veritable wordsmith.

Footbaljim; Don't let all the nabobs of negativism mess with you regarding delivery time. Sometimes deliveries are actually within a few months of being right. It's Saki time.

futboljim 02-09-2020 01:58 PM

Lol crazy auto correct!

Yeah, Evan, I’m preparing myself for whatever happens. This one will be with me for a long time, so it really isn’t too big a deal when it actually shows up. At least that’s what I’m telling myself :-)

RP 02-09-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futboljim (Post 6287939)
Lol crazy auto correct!

Yeah, Evan, I’m preparing myself for whatever happens. This one will be with me for a long time, so it really isn’t too big a deal when it actually shows up. At least that’s what I’m telling myself :-)

I haven't thought much about the X30 with Black Limba veneer I ordered in January, but know that the hard part begins once it's shipped....