The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   PLAY and Write (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   A Little Lesson on Major Triad Inversions (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608336)

Feodor 02-26-2021 03:55 PM

A Little Lesson on Major Triad Inversions

Hey guys,

This time I decided to record a little lesson on Major Triad inversions on the guitar and how you can use them to play basic chord progressions and make them sound a little different.

I hope it'll be useful for some of you. I also added TABs on the screen for each example.

Thank you for watching and have a great day :)

spock 02-27-2021 10:00 AM

That was most excellent. While I am unable to play the advanced version, the information will be of use to me in adding interest to my playing. While you focused on the C and G chords, I'm assuming this could be done with any of the major chords, yes?

Thank you for posting - I do appreciate it.

Feodor 02-28-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spock (Post 6648435)
That was most excellent. While I am unable to play the advanced version, the information will be of use to me in adding interest to my playing. While you focused on the C and G chords, I'm assuming this could be done with any of the major chords, yes?

Thank you for posting - I do appreciate it.

Hello there! Thank you very very much for your feedback :) It's really great to know this video happened to be useful for you.

Yes! You can apply those shapes to any major chord. And I really encourage you to practice the inversions (and pretty much everything on the guitar) in every key. That's a great way to expand your navigation skills throughout the fretboard.

Cheers,
Feodor

renoslim 02-28-2021 02:51 PM

Very nice progression of the lesson. Nice clean technique.

Lee

Feodor 03-06-2021 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renoslim (Post 6649621)
Very nice progression of the lesson. Nice clean technique.

Lee

Thank you very much for your feedback, Lee!

Andyrondack 03-07-2021 03:47 AM

Nice lesson on how music will arise from the simplest chord progression possible if the pitches and order of the chordal tones are varied, and how a more interesting melody emerges from the ocasional use of a single non chord tone.
Found the transcription a bit unclear though, you have written it in C with an F# accidental
but you play it in G, is it a 1 5 1 chord progresion or a 414 progression which hasn't finished yet? Also I think it would be clearer if you put chord symbols over each bar where there is a chord change. Otherwise great lesson thanks. Hope this helps.

Feodor 03-07-2021 01:14 PM

Thank you for the feedback Andy! Yeah, I forgot to put the key signature in this video.. Now it's on my checklist before exporting the tabs and this week's lesson already features the right key signature :D

Thank you for watching and have a great weekend :)

Andyrondack 03-08-2021 01:37 AM

Several people who look at this site would like to create their own music but don't know where to start and that must be true generally for guitarists who search you tube. I think if you want to attract viewers to your site that might be an avenue to explore?